Happy Saturday, Disruptors! Here’s what the DDP editors have been reading (and emailing to each other) this week:
- A nice detailed take on how NYC’s new anti-teen pregnancy campaign shames teen parents instead of examining how Bloomberg’s policies (like the state of sex ed in schools) contribute to the situation.
- A facebook caption contest quickly turns racist and sexist.
- Online feminism… hey, that’s us!
- Why we need to talk about sexism and gaming.
- An obituary for radical feminist Shulamith Firestone.
- A criticism of “ag-gag” laws: open the slaughterhouses
- Regardless of the larger conversation about feminist porn, I personally am not really a fan of the logic in this article.
- An editor emailed “Dislike, because apparently the media learned nothing from Beef Wellington-gate and women can’t be famous and powerful unless it’s about food.”
- Who failed Retaeh Parsons? This is horrible.
- Did you see this Keystone XL protest by a badass 79-year-old lady from Oklahoma?
- An editor emailed, “Sexism in ‘science’ is alive and well.”
- We had a long email discussion about the Brad Paisley song, “Accidental Racist”- here’s Jezebel’s take.
- From The Onion: “Thousands Of Eggs Pushed Out Of Nests After Birds Legalize Abortion“
- UT regrets its decision to deny a facility for an HIV/AIDS conference.
- An editor emailed, “Watch the second video, OMG so much ignorance!”
What have you been reading?