Good afternoon, Disruptors, and a happy weekend to you all! It’s been a week full of reading for your DDP editors, and we hope the weekend will bring more, in the form of you sharing what you’ve been reading and writing, in the comments! And (because Feministe made shameless self-promotion cool) remember to follow us on twitter, facebook, and tumblr!
- Petition to the President applying the logic used in school dress codes to determine that it’s unsafe for men who are attracted to women to drive.
If straight men (and men of other sexual orientations who are attracted to women) can be distracted by the mere sight of a woman’s thigh, then it is a public safety hazard to allow them to operate vehicles that weigh thousands of pounds at up to 75mph past these inevitable distractions.
- “She doesn’t owe you an explanation!” – How a 12 year old girl, exposed to Mormonism, discovered her personal agency (with some help from her father).
- NEW BEST THING EVER SERIOUSLY THOUGH:
- Mississippi’s new “sex education” law prevents teachers from showing teens how to use condoms. They say nothing about demonstrations on the proper use of socks.
- If you’ve ever said , “I’m just not that into black women,” read this.
- Discussion on whether love triangles are inherently feminist and empowering. The author brings up and dissects many tropes of YA fiction.
- Argentinian sex workers launch a street art campaign to advocate for their rights.
- Lindy West knocks it out of the park again.
I don’t even know you. I’m not your secretary and I’m not your mom and I don’t have some special Powder Fresh library card that gets me into the restricted section where they hide all the truth about whether or not I deserve to talk at the board meeting.