Hello and happy weekend, Disruptors!
I want to apologize for not posting a “what we’re reading” last week. To be honest, it’s very time consuming on a day of the week when I’, usually very busy with other plans. So we’ll be making some changes.
Each week, I’ll post just 10 links from the many that the DDP editors email to each other. Then, the other editors will comment with any other posts they feel we should share. You, as always, are not only welcome but encouraged to comment with links to articles you read this week as well as any blog posts or articles you’re written that you think our readership would enjoy. Promote yourselves!
Today, I’ll post about 20, from last week and this. Enjoy!
- TW for reactions to rape: “Twelve things no one told me about sex after rape.”
- Bridie said, “This article is pushing my revolutionary buttons!” On the rise of unpaid work and classism: “Meritocracy is a zombie reanimated by debt.”
- A queer parent’s love letter to the (female) father of her kids
- What LGBT rights and pro-choice movements have in common:
“Both of our movements seek to define, build, and celebrate a diversity of families. This includes the right to control what you do with your body, the agency to choose whom to love and be intimate with, the ability to decide how and when to build a family, and the power to build a community that reflects and protects these values.”
- If you’ve been wondering what rape culture is, just read this article. It’s dripping from every damn line. If you’re ever like, “Yeah, but do people really think entering a bedroom is consent? I mean, come on, feminists- it’s a total straw man to claim that peaople think leaning your head against someone while you’re asleep is consent to a sexual activity!” then read this article.