What are we reading this week? SO MANY THINGS. Check it out!
- Review of a book about the March on Washington has some good historical context. Apparently to get people on board the organizers allowed a laundry list of special interests (well, not that special… living wage jobs) to attend under their own banners and rally their own supporters. Except for teh wimminz… because obviously that was TOO much of a special interest.
- More on why language matters re: trans people from Xx Boy.
- It’s pathetic that everyone is losing their minds over a website that simply sells girls’ clothing that isn’t pink, but OMG IT IS SO EXCITING: http://www.girlswillbehq.com/. Especially this one!
- Good explanation of the catch 22 in Syria: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/08/the-debate-over-intervention-in-syria.html
- And the “Racism is for White People” Award goes to this guy.
- Bisexuals are numerous but closeted, says Pew study (from June). Wonder if it’s a coincidence that the White House has announced it would hold a forum on bisexual issues?
- Also, Cory Booker is a class act:
“And people who think I’m gay, some part of me thinks it’s wonderful. Because I want to challenge people on their homophobia. I love seeing on Twitter when someone says I’m gay, and I say, ‘So what does it matter if I am? So be it. I hope you are not voting for me because you are making the presumption that I’m straight.’ ” –Cory Booker
Logan: Yo, some of this is good advice, but OMG LOL at the sex part: “BE WILLING TO TAKE HER SEXUALLY, to carry her away in the power of your masculine presence, to consume her and devour her with your strength, and to penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul. Let her melt into her feminine softness as she knows she can trust you fully.” Ok no problem bro.Miss X: TAKE HER SEXUALLY…who in the fuck talks like this? And soul penetration, is this what kids are calling it these days? The answer is NO THEY ARE NOT.Logan: Consume and devour her with your masculine strength.Miss X: Feminine softness — also known as fat.Logan: No, that’s your aura. Or your boobs. Your boobra?Miss X: Is that where bras come from?Lunas: When I read shit about sex as “devouring” I remember that someone found our blog by googling “woman getting fucked by werewolf.”My what big teeth you have.Thank you, and good night.